Thursday 21 March 2013

noisy newborns


It’s needless to say that new-borns are noisy, particularly if they are hungry/ thirsty, tired, bored, nappy filled. My daughter cried and winged more than my son as she had trouble bringing up her wind which unsettled her. Jellybean has been a model baby, hardly crying at all and at nearly 6 months has only just started to whinge, mainly due to teeth and just wanting to be off after his sister. In other aspects though he was the noisiest, snuffling when he was asleep, fidgeting and the delightful habit of growling when he was about to or being fed. Yes growling like a grizzly bear, greedy boy you see. At first it took me a week or so to get used to these noises again because you do forget the range of sighs, grunts and moans leading to the crying. Mr p tried to get used to it with earplugs too but alas had to retreat to the spare room for some sleep. Trouble is once he is woken up it takes him a while to drop back off whilst I have no problem falling asleep anywhere or I did before jellybean came along. I have increasingly found that it takes a while for me to switch off to go to sleep not helped by jolting awake when he does as I don't want my toddler to wake up otherwise my mornings would start at 3am! Hey ho, I know this will pass and quickly at that so I will try and take every grunt, grumble, moan and shriek in my stride and enjoy him whilst he is so young and still wants snuggly cuddles with his mummy!
My growly bear
Love ya, N x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think so leave a message!