Saturday 30 March 2013

Creme egg brownies


As it is time for Easter and indulging I have a recipe treat for you! I have seen these dotted all over the place, originally from Eric Lanlard I believe and as I have a weekend of family gatherings I thought I would give them a try.
185g dark chocolate
185g unsalted butter
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 eggs
275g caster sugar
A bag of mini crème eggs

-Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gm4. Over a pan of water, melt the chocolate and butter together then put to one side to cool slightly.
-In a separate pan, crack in the eggs and whisk in the sugar until pale and frothy. Add this to the chocolate mixture and stir in.
-Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold in.
-Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and whilst the mixture is in the oven, take a sharp knife and finding the join, cut them in half.
-After 15-20 mins, take the mixture out and squish in the egg halves evenly spaced apart.
-Put it back in the oven for 10 mins to finish baking and melt the crème eggs.
-Let the brownies cool completely in the tin before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think so leave a message!