Saturday 2 February 2013

From here to maternity


After having my second child it’s pretty certain there will be no more. As I stood at my wardrobe looking in to find something to wear a few things became clear to me, I needed to get some wardrobe essentials; some classic multifunctional pieces and I needed to get rid of my maternity clothes. I have had a real hard time of 'letting go' the fact that that pregnancy/ maternity experience won't happen again, after all I am not yet 30. I know I don't want any more kids, the doctor has said to me it would be likely for a difficult birth again and I don't want that experience, it is just this mental thing that doesn't sit quite right. Maybe it’s just about turning 30, a crisis of some sort I don't know. It is better this way, I will still be around babies from sisters and friends but I can give them back and have a good night’s sleep too!
Now to get back to the wardrobe, I needed to find or decide on a style, a look that would carry me through day to day but I could also comfortably dress up. I practically live in denim so I want to get some tailored trousers trouble is I may have to make them which doesn't worry me, I just have to find the pattern and fabric (very fussy I'm afraid) as I am short I usually have to take up trousers and I'm an awkward between size so rarely things fit me just right.
I want to find my signature style and I don't think that slummy mummy will fit the bill, so I am making it my mission to find some fabulous clothes, some vintage, some handmade, some new and some second hand and we will see what we come up with.
fit to burst!
Thanks for taking the time to read, love N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think so leave a message!